Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh, there you are...

There's a scene from an Austin Powers movie that we used to use all the time when I worked at the Jungle Cruise in the Magic Kingdom.  We would cruise up to the dock in our boats and do this scene with the skippers who were there to help unload the boats.



I love this scene.  I may or may not still do it with a few of my Disney friends when we see each other after a long time apart.

As Beckett gets older, he is seeing and tracking more things.  One of my favorite moments every day is when he first wakes up or when I walk into his line of focus and say hello.  There is this sudden moment of recognition where I picture him saying, "Oh there you are!  You're the lady with the kisses and the milk!"  As a parent, there is really no better moment.  It's a pleasure to know that not only does he recognize my face, but he is happy to see me.  He grins, and he knows that I will take care of his needs.

Stay with me here...

Imagine that moment with our Heavenly Father.  You know the moment when it all just clicks?  When it feels like you are looking and looking and confused and lost - and then suddenly His face comes into focus and you lock eyes with Him.  And you feel this sense of relief and joy.  Oh.  There you are.

I believe there is no better moment for our Heavenly Father than the moment we lock eyes and see His face.  I know He feels joy.  He will take care of my needs, just like I take care of Beckett and Logan's needs.  He loves us more than we can imagine possible.  When you feel lost, remember that. 


"Oh.  There You are..."

See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! - 1 John 3:1






No comments:

Post a Comment