Friday, August 12, 2011

Nutella Cookies

So, my friend Jamie (of Macie's Little Hat Co.) got me hooked on Pinterest.  It's a site more dangerous than Facebook, especially for people like me who have that whole "I can totally do that" complex.  But I finally decided to put Pinterest away this morning and stop daydreaming about redoing my house and wardrobe with nothing but Elmers Glue and fabric scraps (just joking...kind of).  I figured I'd do some cleaning instead.

If you're my friend on Facebook you probably know I'm in a fight daily with my hardwood floors.  I've tried everything from Orange Glo to Swiffer to vinegar and water to the Shark...they're still cloudy.  Clean, yes.  Shiny, no.  I washed them AGAIN today with the Shark and then got cranky at them so I sprayed a little wood polish on top of one section.  Oh, so pretty.  Oh, so shiny.  Oh, so slippery...oops.

So, I gave up and decided to bake cookies instead.  I present to you: NUTELLA COOKIES.

We only happen to have Nutella laying around because Harris Teeter was displaying it along with a coupon for $1.50 off if you also bought Thomas' English Muffins (which we happen to eat a lot of around here)  Plus it was double coupon week so I got $3.00 off.  This recipe looked super simple and tasty - so I threw together a batch this morning, making just a few changes.  Here is the original recipe, which I found on TastyKitchen.com.  HELLO?  Just FOUR ingredients!


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup Nutella
  • ½ cups Sugar
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 whole Egg

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Blend all ingedients together well. Form into 1″ balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Press down firmly with the bottom of a glass. Bake 7-8 minutes or until set. Cool.
Easy peasy, right?  I made a few tiny adjustments -  brown sugar instead of white, and then I used half a cup of white flour and half a cup of whole wheat flour.  It makes me feel healthier.  I also added about a tblsp of almond milk because the dough looked pretty dry.  
These cookies are delish, and if you are on Weight Watchers - a whopping 2 points per cookie.  Yes, please!

And, just because I can - a gratuitous kiss the naked chef picture (heh):


No comments:

Post a Comment