Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Refrigerator Dill Pickles

Ok, this was on my to do list for Saturday, but that got pushed down to the bottom of the list.  And then I remembered that there is a fun little farmers market in our backyard (yes, pretty literally in our backyard...) and I could get some kirby cucumbers fresh from there to use.

I probably should have titled this blog Testing Tuesday because the cucumbers need to sit in the brine for at least a day, and up to a month...so I have no idea how they'll taste.  But honestly, how bad can a pickle be?

I love pickles.

So, without further adieu -
Gather ingredients!  
1 quart kirby cucumbers
white onion, chopped
apple cider vinegar
garlic cloves, peeled
dill seed
sea salt
filtered water

Check out the full recipe by clicking HERE
 Ready for the refrigerator!!


I can't wait to try these and see how they turned out!  Thanks to my friend Jamie for passing along this blog so I could try my hand at pickling.  And since we're on the subject of my friend Jamie - make sure and remember to sign up for the giveaway. You can do that by clicking HERE.  Read the blog, follow the instructions and leave a comment there to be entered!  It's that simple!  She can make bigger sizes too, so if you don't have a newborn baby you don't have to feel left out.

(Also, how badly do I need a better camera??)

No comments:

Post a Comment