Saturday, August 27, 2011

More DIY fun!

If you've been following along with my other blog, The Pinterest Project, you may have seen my friend Jamie's canvas art for her office.  If you haven't, check it out HERE.  A few weeks ago, I came across this and knew I wanted to replicate it for my house:


So, with Jamie's recent success at a canvas art piece I felt inspired and brave enough to try my hand at it.  I set off to Michael's in search of supplies.  What I picked up was an 8x10 canvas, paint, a sponge and letter stickers.  That's it!

I measured the canvas, figured out how I wanted the spacing to go and ended up with this:

Then I put paint all over the canvas.  At first I was nervous, but it seemed to be going so well that I got a little carried away and put too much on in some places.  (oops)  I let the paint dry while I was cooking dinner and then I carefully peeled the stickers off.  (I also painted the sides of the canvas to make it look more finished)



I hung this on my wall where I stole the mirror from for my Chalkboard Project.  On either side of this, I put a smaller canvas that I covered with mod podge and scrapbook paper.


What do you guys think?  Now that I feel more confident, I might try a bigger size to fill up that space more, but it's a good start for now.  Also, do yourself a favor this morning and watch this video - it's the story behind the hymn, It is Well.  Cry your eyes out, and then thank God for your many blessings.   I wanted to have a daily reminder of how blessed I am, and I think this simple piece of "artwork" will do just that.



4 comments:

  1. great job on the piece! you inspire me!

    but that video. man. i can't explain. just thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video, Miranda! This song was one of my anthems during me cancer. I figured if I kept singing, I'd eventually believe it. Sure enough.. this and a few other songs were instrumental in building my faith to believe in my healing. I have the lyrics to "Healer" on my wall. I just might have to add these too! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, that turned out awesome! I may steal that idea:)

    ReplyDelete