Saturday, July 30, 2011

What's cooking...

Ah, Saturday.  It's the day of unlimited potential.  On today's to do list:

- menu planning
- farmers market
- grocery shopping
- making refrigerator pickles
- making granola
- start a new sewing project
- laundry
- cleaning

On the accomplished list:
- menu planning
- grocery shopping
- made granola

Ah well.  I did get to pick some yummy tomatoes fresh from our little garden though, and I took plenty of time to play with sweet little Beckett.  Even found a few of his ticklish spots and got some great giggles.

I made a delicious granola recipe today - it's the first time I've ever attempted granola.  I know you're saying to yourself, "Self - why would Miranda tackle something like THIS if she's never even made a simple granola recipe?"  I wish I had a good answer, but I don't.  Anyway the finished product is so yummy I wanted to share it with you!  The original recipe calls for dried cranberries, but I used dried cherries instead.  A dark chocolate granola with dried cherries and almonds?  YES PLEASE.

You can find the recipe by clicking HERE.

And for WW users - this recipe makes 8 servings and is 7 pts per serving.

Also, don't forget to enter our GIVEAWAY. - Make sure you like Macie's Little Hat Co. on Facebook AND comment on the blog to tell us which hat you want.  Your entry won't count unless you do both.  Thanks!  Good Luck!

Mmmm...granola...

Getting ready to go into the oven:


Ready for snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment