Monday, July 25, 2011

Fishy Business

This is Stan.


Stan is a seahorse.  I think.  Stan kept watch over us at the Ocean Isle Inn when we were on vacation last week.  Stan is somewhat precariously perched directly over the bed.  What you can't see from this picture is that Stan had a fin that actually stuck out and hung over the bed.

I guess this is some kind of 3D art stuff.  And I use the term "art stuff" loosely.  I feared for our lives.  I worried that Stan the 3D seahorse would fall from the wall and impale me as I slept.  Stan was weird.

Beckett loved Stan.


He talked to Stan every time he saw him.  He cooed and babbled and I'm pretty sure that Stan kept Beckett up one night with tales of the sea and other various excursions. Beckett had more fun with Stan than he did with me.  (Side note: this was the day we were packing up to leave.  That's why the bed is in such disarray.  Normally I am a super big neat freak and make my bed up every morning, complete with hospital corners.  You can even ask my husband.  On second thought, don't.  Because I'm a liar.)

I don't know what it says about my child that he happily befriends the very thing THAT MAY IMPALE ME WHILE I SLEEP.


In any case, we were sad to say goodbye to Stan  the ocean.

Disclaimer:  None of the seahorses pictured here were harmed in the writing of this blog.  And I totally made up the name Stan.  It has a nice ring to it, right?

ALSO: Stay tuned this week for a fun giveaway announcement.  If you have a baby, have a friend with a baby, have friends who may EVER have a baby...this giveaway is for you!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Good stuff. ^_^ Can't wait to see what the giveaway is!!!

    ReplyDelete