Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Banana Blueberry Muffins

Sweet Beckett is two months old today!  I can't believe it's already been two months since he was born - we are having so much fun with him.


Speaking of Beckett...what's more fun than losing baby weight?  Since Beckett was born I haven't really baked much - really not at all, save a few dozen Peanut Butter Blossoms to send on a road trip with Todd and his boys.  I miss it, but I am trying to stay focused.  Since Todd and I are heading to Ocean Isle for a few days, I decided to stock up on healthy snacks and I made a batch of banana blueberry muffins to take with us.

I searched around on the internet and came up with a few recipes that I've modified and pieced together to make this healthy alternative.  And, for any Weight Watchers gals (or guys!) each muffin is worth 3 points on the new PointsPlus program.

Recipe:

  • 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup nonfat greek yogurt
    1/8 cup vegetable oil
  • large eggs
  • 3 mashed ripe banana
  • 1 cup regular oats
  • 1/2 cup fat-free milk
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup white wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pint fresh blueberries


  • Preheat oven to 350°.
  • Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat well at medium speed of a mixer. Combine banana, oats, and milk; add to sugar mixture, beating well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir with a whisk. Add to sugar mixture; beat just until moist and add blueberries.  Stir and spoon batter into a muffin tin coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for about 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.


  • Happy Snacking!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so not a baker but those are soooo tempting to get me opening my oven for something other than meat! Especially since they're only 3 points! {I'm just starting weight watchers.}

    ReplyDelete