Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Easy Summer Pops!

Time to lighten up this blog a little bit, eh?

It is getting straight up hot here in the South and that means it's popsicle time!

Beckett is at the age where he wants popsicles now every time we hit the grocery store - and it's hard to find any that aren't full of weird ingredients or food dyes.

If I *am* lucky enough to find a decent brand with ok ingredients, it'll cost me $6 for about 4 of them. You feel me?

I saw this recipe online and knew it was a winner. Easy, healthy and look how pretty - heck, I might even steal a few for my pregnant self this summer while I stick my feet in the baby pool.


Here's what you'll need:

- popsicle molds (obvi)
- coconut water
- fresh fruit (I used raspberries, blueberries and sliced kiwi)

That's it. I love the idea of coconut water - if you get a decent brand, there are some good benefits to it. I cannot stand the taste of it alone, but I knew my kids would love it in popsicle form. We used Harvest Bay brand which you can find on Vitacost for a great price...I used the pineapple flavor, which isn't certified organic but some of their varities are.

Fill your popsicle molds about 3/4 of the way full, add your fruit and freeze!


You can find these popsicle molds on Amazon - I love them. They are really, really great. 

These popsicles are super yummy, nutritious and not full of junk. Just make sure you read the labels of your coconut water! Some of them are deceptive...

My kids loved these. (so did I, really...)

No comments:

Post a Comment