Friday, April 3, 2015

What I Eat in a Day (at least a good day...)

I follow a few health and beauty vloggers on YouTube, and one of the videos I love the most are the "What I Eat in a Day" videos. They are my FAVORITE to watch because I am a nerd with no life.

It is fun for me to see what other people eat, get new recipe ideas, and get the skinny on new products! So I thought I'd try to share my own version here on my blog. I'm not ready for YouTube just yet...

Disclaimer: Not all of my days are this good, or this healthy. We have our occasional trips to Chick Fil A and I am a regular at Starbucks but hopefully this will give you some good ideas for when you're feeling like you're in a rut! Let's get started...

For breakfast I am getting back into my smoothie groove. The Glowing Green smoothie is my all time favorite and I've posted about it before but here's the recipe again:

1 c. spinach/kale
2 c. chopped romaine
1 c. filtered water
BLEND WELL
1 small apple, chopped and cored
1/2 banana
1/2 cucumber
BLEND WELL
A handful of frozen mango
juice from 1/2 lemon
BLEND BLEND BLEND! (And yes a Vitamix, BlendTec or probably a NutriBullet is best)

Pour and enjoy!  This morning I added a slice of sprouted grain toast with smashed avocado, lime juice and salt (not to the smoothie. On the side...hehe) but I didn't snap a pic.


Today was grocery day and we hit up EarthFare and Trader Joe's so I was almost overwhelmed with choices for lunch.

Greek(ish) Wrap

1 spinach wrap
spoonful of black bean hummus
romaine lettuce
chicken breast
cherry tomatoes
cucumbers
kalamata olives
feta cheese

Roll and enjoy!



Dinner was this bean salad/rice bowl

1/2 c. brown rice
1/2 c. black beans (warmed)
1/2 c. garbanzo beans (warmed)
chopped red onion
cherry tomatoes
fresh cilantro
spoonful of guacamole
juice of 1/2 lime
drizzle of balsamic vinegar


The kids and I were craving something a little sweet after dinner so we had graham crackers with maple almond butter and chocolate chips! (I love these chocolate chips by the way - they are expensive, so they are probably not ones I would throw in a batch of cookies...they are saved for special treats. But they are fair trade certified, all natural and non GMO) And if you've wanted to order from Vitacost but haven't...here's a $10 off coupon: http://goo.gl/01RwrF


And that's it! We were so busy today there wasn't much time for snacking while running around town!



No comments:

Post a Comment